I Sometimes I get a plain green screen on Desktop.

Govan1x 18:50 17 Dec 2018

I Sometimes I get a plain green screen on my Desktop.

Have to shut it down using the start button , Then it normally restarts ok.Anyone any idea as to what could cause it to do that. its an oldish computer about 6-7 years old with the latest Windows 10 update.

1. Sometimes after downloading new windows updates it asks to restart the computer to finalize updates.

I do that and it cannot find operating system and just keeps running with a blank screen.

Once again Stopping the computer from running by holding in the start button helps. As it usually restarts ok.

So just wondered if anyone can help with any of those problems.

It just happens randomly but would like to find the cause.

Also noticed with the new W10 that I no longer have Internet Explorer. Has Microsoft finally got rid of it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 17 Dec 2018

1 and 2, check connections to HDD and run a hard drive check.

Govan1x 11:26 18 Dec 2018

Ok checked the checked the hard drive and it seems to be ok.

Not checked the Connections to HDD yet. But will when the green screen comes back.

Checked event viewer and get loads of this problem. 100's of them

Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date: 18/12/2018 11:15:26 Event ID: 1534 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords:
User: SYSTEM Computer: pc Description: Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Now after a quick Google it seems the latest update to Windows 10 causes this problem and loads of users get it.

I was having the problem before the latest update so can maybe rule that out as the problem.

Govan1x 12:25 18 Dec 2018

Just ran sfc /scannow and it picked up a few corrupt files and repaired them. So maybe that will sort the problem out.

Never thought of doing sfc as it was just the latest upgrade of window that was updated. Never expected to have corrupt files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:11 18 Dec 2018

sfc was to be my next suggestion ;0)

see how it goes for now.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?