I need help with ram I do not know what to do

Chris Van Der Berg 04:22 06 Jun 2017

Hey fellow members. Hey fellow members. I am new to the forums and I know absolutely nothing about computers. But a friend told me mixing ram is dangerous so I do not know what to do now. To play a game I got. I need the minimum of 10 Ram I already tried playing it its not going perefctly. I currently have 6gigs of ram. I orderd another one to replace one of the 3 sticks seeing i only have 2 ram slots on my pc. But then a friend told me mixing ram is dangerous and I should just order a whole kit. I just canceld the order of corsair vengance ram what do you guys suggest just buying a kit of 16 gigs or do you think i can mix this

[img][click here]1

romanadityasingh 07:20 06 Jun 2017

Well i dont think there is any danger as your friend says , but just make sure that you order the RAM of DDR version which your motherboard support . It should written near the RAM port or you can check on the label of your pre installed RAM

q33ny 10:42 06 Jun 2017

Give us the motherboard model.

lotvic 10:47 06 Jun 2017

Best to buy a kit of 2 x 8GB sticks of RAM

Mobo Specs click here and note: The highest supported DRAM frequency depends on the CPU you've installed. For detailed CPU specifications, please refer to Intel® official website

I suggest you go to Crucial click here and use their Scanner or Advisor Tool to find compatible memory for your motherboard.

Kimo Kimo Eel 11:29 06 Jun 2017

Hey thanks a lot for al of the reply's my motherboard is an ASROCK H61M-DGS R2.0, Which only has 2 memory slots. So I've been getting some reply's now but on the site i used to check which memory I can get is telling me ballistics 2x8 gb 1600 ddr3 which is basically like corsair vengance so could I go for those seeing those are easier to get for me. Telling me max ram is 16gb's which is fine for me.

Kimo Kimo Eel 11:30 06 Jun 2017

Btw Im the original poster I had to make a new account for some strange reason. Sorry for the inconvinience.

q33ny 11:55 06 Jun 2017

From mobo website: - 2 x DDR3 DIMM Slots - Supports DDR3 1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory - Max. capacity of system memory: 16GB* **The highest supported DRAM frequency depends on the CPU you've installed. For detailed CPU specifications, please refer to Intel® official website.

A kit will be optimized to work in dual channel using the highest capabilities while a normal 2x8GB will just work in dual channel with the best that the mobo can detect. If the speeds/timings of the two sticks are different it will run at the lower ones. I for one recommend 2x8Gb.

Kimo Kimo Eel 12:14 06 Jun 2017

Thanks a lot thats just what I will order then really appreciate your help guys. Have a good one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)