I need help with my pc. PLEASE!!

Saioofx 15:50 09 Jun 2019

I used a hairdryer to clean out the dust of my pc, I had it on a hot heat accidently for 20seconds max then changed to cold heat as soon as I realised. After this I turned my pc on and went onto a game and my FPS was no more than 30 on every game, and before using the hairdryer I was hitting around 250-300fps. What should I do ??

wee eddie 16:18 09 Jun 2019

As your computer will get quite hot during its normal working life, a few seconds heat from a hair drier is unlikely to be the cause of your problem

Saioofx 16:20 09 Jun 2019

But I swear if you use a hairdryer to clean your pc and get a little to close does it cause some sort of reaction of destruction of the electronics in the pc.?

lotvic 17:10 09 Jun 2019

KEITH

depending on how long you kept the hair dryer on your componants you may need to replace the thermal paste

How did you come to that conclusion?

wee eddie 17:49 09 Jun 2019

Saioofx: there is an infinitesimal chance that the air leaving the nozzle is ionized and,if by chance, you should tohch a sensitive part, damage might be done.

But the risk is much higher if you have been standing on a carpet containing man made fibres.

I think that you need to look elsewhere for your solution

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:52 09 Jun 2019

The heat and cooling may have caused the graphics card to become slightly loos in its slot.

Remove and refit the card to remake the connections and retry.

lotvic 22:11 09 Jun 2019

I was hitting around 250-300fps

What is the refresh rate of your monitor? and which GPU?

TechAdvisor How to Increase FPS in Games click here

edizgeorgi 08:38 12 Jun 2019

Hello May have caused the graphics card to become slightly loos in its slot.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Nest Hub Max review

Lena Vargas on bringing life, fun and adventure to her art

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans