I NEED HELP FAST WITH PC - no signal on monitor

albin321321 00:13 21 Jul 2018

so... ive just build my first pc and when i plug in all the cables and try to start it i get "no signal" on the monitor. the fans and cpu cooler and led lights are working just fine. ive tried taking out the gpu and placing it back in but still no signal. even when i disconect the gpu and try to start with hdmi or dvi from motherboard i still get no signal. i think the cpu power cable is the problem. i need to know what im doing wrong. thanks

wiganken2 08:25 21 Jul 2018

It seems you have tried both HDMI and DVI cables so chances of there being a fault in both cables is slim but have you made sure the HDMI/DVI cables are seated into the monitor properly? Also could it be a faulty monitor affecting both HDMI and DVI inputs? I don't understand your "cpu power cable" comment because CPUs do not have power cables, they fit directly into the motherboard CPU socket and get their power from there. Did you mean "GPU power cable"? If so then can you see if there is a fan on the GPU and, if so, is it spinning around?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:52 21 Jul 2018

depending on motherboard type there may be a 4 or 6 pin power supply yo cpu locarted near the cpu

make and model of motherboard??

wee eddie 17:53 21 Jul 2018

Do you get a POST Beep?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs