I need desperate help with new pc

amber_rose_mitzy 11:02 09 Apr 2018

So i built this new pc, it works as in the fan spins and bios checks are all good. Im trying to install windows 10 which i have put onto a usb, when i plug this into the pc it boots straight to it, asks me for the language etc, then it says setup is starting. This is when it is supposed to ask me for a product key but instead says i have no drivers for my hard drive, usb or dvd? I tried to fix this problem by installing drivers for the mobo, gpu and wifi card and putting that on another usb. However nothing works. I feel like throwing this new pc out the window, i have no idea how to fix it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:54 09 Apr 2018

Make and model of PC and where did you download your version of windows from?

search for media creation tool and download and make the USB from the MS site. if you do it from after the 10th you'll get the latest spring update included.

amber_rose_mitzy 09:42 10 Apr 2018

I have done that but it says I need drivers? The windows 10 setup screen pops up but it never gets to the point where it asks for a key

rdave13 15:38 10 Apr 2018

Have you got another hard drive you could try? Just to check that the new one isn't duff.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?