I have a problem with my iPod

Housten 15:48 19 Jan 2018

Good afternoon, gentlemen,

I do not know if this is the correct forum, but here goes…….

My iPod must be six or seven years old – it is the 80 GB version. For many years I thought I had left it on a holiday, so when I ‘found’ it a few months ago I was very pleased. I then looked on Apple and downloaded the latest software for it – and have three or four updates since - and getting our CDs loaded on to it was so easy I couldn’t believe it at first.

But using it lately I have found I have a problem with it. Now I must emphasise that the iTunes programme has loaded all the albums on to it, I have just let it do what it wants to and they are in a what I would call a somewhat higgledy piggledy state.

And I have a problem. There are two albums which I have listed on my iTunes on my computer. But on my iPod I have the albums And an additional 18 copies of one, 17 copies of the other and the 18 does not include where it has inserted itself into a completely different album!

What I have done was to organise the albums into alphabetical order on my computer and then downloaded them on to my iPod, which has not worked. What I would like to do – now I have some more to add to the albums on my computer - is to import these, organise them as the others and then switch off the programme. Then connect my iPod to the computer and delete all the tunes on the iPod, re-start iTunes and then hope that the programme will download the albums in the order I have them listed on the computer.

My problem is that I do not know if iTunes will allow this!! Can anyone tell me if what I want is possible or that I am heading for a disaster and just accept what I get?

Any and all replies will be very welcome. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?