I have a older mid 2009 that wont fully boot up.

Todd Marchant 16:41 27 Apr 2018

I have a older mid 2009 that wont fully boot up. I have tried all the startup shortcut keys and none of them do anything exept for option and command-s. As far as I can tell its hd is corrupted, but I can’t get to the utilities to fix it. Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 27 Apr 2018

Any ideas?

Not without some info about the machine - op system win 7? desktop or laptop? make and model of machine? does it have a DVD drive?

you can download a windows media disk and urn to DVD or USB and boot from that to repair the machine unless the HDD has physically failed.

Todd Marchant 00:13 28 Apr 2018

It’s a MacBook Air (mid 2009). I’m not sure what os it has because I haven’t been able to get into it yet. It doesn’t have any drives but the had, it does have a USB port.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:08 28 Apr 2018

E mail the forum editor to transfer this thread to the Apple help room where it should get more response.

Jollyjohn 11:10 28 Apr 2018

I have replied to your other thread - try and stick to one thread.

Pine Man 11:12 28 Apr 2018

It's already in Apple Help - Double post.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?