I have an intermittent problem with Facebook on PC

wee eddie 15:38 28 May 2019

I have an intermittent problem with Facebook on my PC. Well most of the time anyway. Occasionally, everything works as normal.

Facebook is fine on my Phone.

When I click on these Buttons ~ "Friend Requests", "Messenger", "Notifications" and the "Play" Button on Movie Clips, I get that little Rotating Circle that signifies Loading/Downloading. No matter how long I leave it, it carries on (30 minutes should have been sufficient). My normal Download Speed is about 50Mbps, so that's not the problem.

Very frustrating. I have tried Logging Out and Logging In again. No luck

Anyone got any ideas

Govan1x 07:42 29 May 2019

Have you tried updating messenger and facebook to the latest versions.

Oops I know you can do that on an iPone-Pad. Not sure about a PC.

Govan1x 08:00 29 May 2019

It seems if you download facebook from the Microsoft store it gets updated automatically .

i presume it would be the same for messenger.

wee eddie 09:14 29 May 2019

I was under the impression that Facebook was a Web Page that one logged into, as opposed to an App/Program that I could open on my PC

Old Deuteronomy 09:38 29 May 2019

As well as the website there is a Farcebook app for PC.

Govan1x 10:13 29 May 2019

Have a look in all apps just in case it is already installed.

oftmarshall678 13:00 29 May 2019

So does that mean you're logging onto Facebook through a browser?

wee eddie 15:07 29 May 2019

Yes, I'm logging into Facebook through Edge. In fact it's my Home Page.

I have just downloaded the App, but don't like the way it displays, although all the bits appear to work

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)