I get this message when I click on some shoretcuts

ponytail 20:05 17 Jan 2017

the application has failed to start because it,s side-by -side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.The laptop has gone very slow any advice appreciate.Have had to do this on my wifes notepad as could notbopen PCA on my laptop

lotvic 01:01 18 Jan 2017

Is this the Windows 7 laptop you took up to PC Shop on 16th to get the hard drive swapped? as per other thread click here

Error message: "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

The machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system. (x86 or x64). click here

ponytail 10:20 18 Jan 2017

Yes apologies I meant to post this reply to the original post but was getting really frustrated last night as when In got the laptop home I still had the same problem and it was too late to go back to the shop so I tried various things I found on Google to many to mention here.Anyway went back to shop this morning and when I told him about was happening he agreed it was not the Hard Drive but a software problem and he is working on it now should be ready to collect at lunchtime with nothing to pay.Once again my apologies for creating a unwanted post and hopefully it will now be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61