I forgot my password when logging iogging in

Johnfoster 07:54 26 Feb 2018

I forgot my password for my computer when logging in as

MJS WARLORD 08:54 26 Feb 2018

for many years now this question has appeared in magazines and on this forum , you might get lucky and have a reply but most people will ignore the question , lets face it john , if you knew how to get round a password you could do a lot of damage to other people , not accusing you not anything , just saying the answer will compromise all pc users.

Govan1x 09:28 26 Feb 2018

If W10 it maybe your Microsoft email password that it is looking for.

It is a nuisance you make a password you are happy with and use that and then when everything is working fine for months and you start the computer it suddenly want the microsoft password which you have forgotten.

Maybe something on here that will help.

Click Here

MJS WARLORD 09:40 26 Feb 2018

hi govanix , I forgot about the Microsoft account password , if this is the one he is referring to he might be able to get past it by starting pc in safe mode , not sure though , anyway once at desktop , to disable the Microsoft password request , type netplwiz into the run box but you will still get an annoying message to say your account needs updating , I just ignore it.

Jollyjohn 15:43 26 Feb 2018

Try this - click here and use it to clear administrator password.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 26 Feb 2018

If ou log into windows with a Microsort account then you can reset it click here

conrail 09:32 28 Feb 2018

a few months ago I had problems with an old laptop, one, of many, would not accept my pin, it then gave me the option of logging in with pin or password or resetting my password, no expert, as many here who have helped me will testify, so my suggestion is try to log in, if p/w incorrect then hopefully it will give options of pin, p/w or reset, hope that this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A9 review: Hands-on

Can the Huawei P20 Pro really replace a digital SLR?

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?