I E 6 home page - taken over

nevdunn 13:43 02 Mar 2004

click here has taken over my homepage in IE6. I change it to my own choice & it goes back to search-space. reinstalled ie6 - no change . I presume it is something in the registry.
Help please

cycoze 13:51 02 Mar 2004

Clear out your temp files and tem internet , download CWSshredder from click here and run it , that should kill it.

cycoze 13:51 02 Mar 2004

Clear out your temp files and tem internet , download CWSshredder from click here and run it , that should kill it.

Stuartli 15:51 02 Mar 2004

Or run AdAware6 and/or Search and Destroy 1.2.

SpywareBlaster will stop of a lot of this type of thing actually making it on to your system.

Have you also checked that your ISP is your default home page from IE's Tools>Internet Options in both General and Connection tabs?

Stuartli 15:51 02 Mar 2004

Or run AdAware6 and/or Search and Destroy 1.2.

SpywareBlaster will stop of a lot of this type of thing actually making it on to your system.

Have you also checked that your ISP is your default home page from IE's Tools>Internet Options in both General and Connection tabs?

bretsky 17:04 02 Mar 2004

Sounds like IE 6 has been hijacked, go to click here

tomcoyote.org site which pca recommands is under construction, plenty more to choose from!

good luck ........................bretsky;0)

bretsky 17:04 02 Mar 2004

Sounds like IE 6 has been hijacked, go to click here

tomcoyote.org site which pca recommands is under construction, plenty more to choose from!

good luck ........................bretsky;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts