I don't know what CPU to buy

henro1232 20:49 30 Apr 2018

Hi, I have recently bought a high-performance graphics card to run games such as Prepar3D or other popular games. However, my CPU is really limiting me and I don't know what to get. I currently have the AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (of course not using the built-in graphics anymore). I have a budget of around £220. Would anyone have any suggestions of what I could purchase that would run the latest flight simulation software/games but still fit within my budget? Also, does buying a CPU affect the motherboard of the PC (e.g. do you have to buy a new one) as i'm a bit confused. THanks for the help, Henry

alanrwood 20:55 30 Apr 2018

Almost certainly you will need to obtain a new motherboard (and maybe memory) if you get a much better CPU. You need to research what you already have and then see whhat is compatible with your memory and Motherboard.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?