I don't like Ex Cossack

Ex Cossack 12:22 28 Nov 2003

I am still getting responses referring to me as pj or pj123 or pete so I am going back to my original pj123. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

JIM 12:30 28 Nov 2003

Can I agree with you as old forum friends are becoming difficult to ID. :)

[email protected]@m 12:33 28 Nov 2003

Yes, change back. 'The Cossack' in Sheffield is a well known gay bar!

Belatucadrus 12:38 28 Nov 2003

Is that the one just outside the old Pond street polytech entrance ? (Halam university to those of fewer years)

pj123 12:39 28 Nov 2003

Thanks [email protected][email protected], not my scene, and to JIM thanks a new name just confuses.

Dipso 13:05 28 Nov 2003

I have just replied to a post FAO your alter ego
click here

pj123 13:24 28 Nov 2003

Dipso, thanks for the info but if you are starting from "square one" do they supply everything to get you up and running? I am on NTL Broadband (on all day every day) myself but I teach IT and many of my "pupils" want to change to BB but as they work 9-5 like most of us it is just not cost effective to go to a fixed monthly fee for an "always on" system if they don't use it 24 hours. Some of them only log on for about an hour a day.

Dipso 21:56 28 Nov 2003

They used to supply a modem if you wanted one, but don't seem to be doing that now(?)However, I have found one click here for £45.81 inc VAT and delivery which I believe is cheaper than the one Metronet were offering. It is the Thomson Speedtouch 330 USB which is ideal. I use one myself and they are very easy to set up.

They also charge £59 for connection. The way I looked at it was, as I was saving more than £10 a month (I was paying Virgin £24.99 a month), I would have paid off the connection charge in 5-6 months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)