I can't turn on my laptop

chuckles2 23:11 07 Oct 2018

Hi everyone. Ok so I'll just get to it. My laptop was working fine until few days ago it stopped charging and now I can't turn it on after the battery died. I tried a new charger but it doesn't help. Any clue what could it be and how much it should usually cost? It's few years old so I rather buy a new one than spend much for fixing it. Thanks in advance

Govan1x 00:17 08 Oct 2018

Try disconnecting the power cable and remove the battery.. Hold down on the start button for 50 seconds. Reconnect the charger and the battery and press the start button to see if it will start.

If that does not work wiggle the power connector where it connects to the laptop to see if anything reacts to is . if so the connector inside the laptop may need replaced or soldered.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)