I can't seem to download anything

[DELETED] 18:47 16 Dec 2003

Every time I go to various different downloading pages (such as trying to download iTunes) I get the following message -
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the a1408.g.akamai.net home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I've had it on any number of download sites, none of them remotely controversial.
I supply the correct e-mail address, I'm not a spammer and -other than the odd exaggeration on my expenses form- lead a blameless life.
Why is this happening?

BTW I'm using an AMD1800+ based system, WinXP Pro, Zonealarm Pro (even with all cookies etc allowed) and Norton Antivirus.

[DELETED] 10:20 17 Dec 2003

Couple of things to try: dumping Temp Int Folder; Tools/Internet options/Advanced/, tick 'restore defaults'.

How is your ZA set?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple