I can't Scan

ccbn 12:04 17 Sep 2004

Since buying a new Dell 2400,(XP Home SP1)My scanner software will not load. It worked with my previous Machine (Windows 2000. I have tried another software that runs on XP, and I get the same message stating that it is a 16 bit software. I have spoken to Dell with no luck, and confirmed with the manufactures (Canon)that it is XP compatable. Help please!

wednesday 13 12:25 17 Sep 2004

Keep on trying! Nearly all scanner software has problems. Eventually it should load after about 10-20 times. Good luck

Cook2 12:49 17 Sep 2004

If it's a USB scanner. Uninstall the scanner and remove the plug from the computer.

Uninstall and re-install the scanner software. Reboot then plug the scanner in.

It should be detected and drivers set up.

Cook2 12:49 17 Sep 2004

If it's a USB scanner. Uninstall the scanner and remove the plug from the computer.

Uninstall and re-install the scanner software. Reboot then plug the scanner in.

It should be detected and drivers set up.

Queen's Lead 13:29 17 Sep 2004

To be thorough Google for Deldrv.exe (it's a Canon prog).

I had exactly the same problem when I tried to re-install my Canon Scanner and N670U.

Do as they say above. Disconnect your scanner completely.

Run the above and then reinstall the software that comes with the scanner.

The LAST thing you do is plug the scanner in. If you do it too early it really mucks everything up - I know I was that pack of playing cards.

Try these click here

ventanas 14:04 17 Sep 2004

How you install a Canon scanner depends on the model, recent ones may have changed, but I know for certain that the N650U and the D1250 have to be connected with the computer switched off and before the software is installed. The scanner should be detected on bootup and ask for the drivers etc. Then you install them.

Before you try anything new follow Queen's Lead's advice and get, and run, Deldrv from the Canon web site, after removing the scanner in Device Manager.

By the way if the scanner is not detected on boot up try again. Two of mine failed to be detected first time, but were fine on the second attempt.

conrail 15:39 17 Sep 2004

have you tried cannons website to download the latest driver for your scanner?

ccbn 11:27 22 Sep 2004

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice. The software loads on any machine but my new Dell. The back up support so far from Dell has been rubbish.

ccbn 12:27 24 Oct 2005

It turns out that Microsoft have a fix - and it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?