I can't initialize my SSD

Martin Pilaszek 20:48 31 Jul 2019

Hi, I bought a gigabyte ssd but I can't initialize it. When I try to do nothing happens. Also try the EaseUS Partition Manager, but the same thing happens (i hope spanish is not a problem).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:11 01 Aug 2019

Try setting the SSD to ACHI in BIOS and retry.

wiganken2 17:40 01 Aug 2019

I assume your SSD is a 2.5" SATA interface and that you wish to replace your existing SATA 2.5" HDD in a laptop computer. My neighbour solved this (today by coincidence) by: -

1. Buying a USB 3 to SATA cable.
  2. Removing the laptop SATA 2.5" HDD.
  3. Installing the blank SATA 2.5" SSD in place of the HDD.
  4. Connected the HDD via the USB-SATA cable to a USB 3 port on his laptop.
  5. Switched on the laptop which immediately entered 'Recovery' mode and then proceeded to transfer the entire HDD contents onto the SSD (it cloned the HDD) with no input from my neighbour. It was all automatic.
  6. On completion the laptop booted as usual but faster and he removed the USB cable. Job done.

If you are installing into a desktop PC which has spare SATA and Power cables internally and you want to use these then the procedure is different so the above applies to laptops.

wiganken2 19:33 03 Aug 2019

No response from OP? It would be nice if OP could let us know if we helped or not.

Old Deuteronomy 20:16 03 Aug 2019

No response from OP? It would be nice if OP could let us know if we helped or not.

This has become a common problem, in these days of rampant self-entitlement.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)