I can't get my cdrw to copy in Nero or any burner

paulsmith602 19:58 10 Nov 2003

I am running ME on a PII 233mhz and have recently been given a MSI cd52-a2. If I copy a disc to media player then copy, then the rw works but if I try and copy disc to disc it won't!! Both my CD-rom and the cdrw are IDE drives.. does this matter? how do I solve this problem...PLEASE HELP ME

R4 20:08 10 Nov 2003

Is Nero recognising yor CDRW

paulsmith602 21:39 10 Nov 2003

No, it just recognises a virtual device

OneSirKnight 21:45 10 Nov 2003

what about when you create an iso (image) and then burn the image to cd. have you tried that?

paulsmith602 21:53 10 Nov 2003

Yes, it (Nero) goes through the motions of burning but the cdrw doesn't actually burn. I've even tried a burner called Fuerio?? and that doesn't seem to work.

Satmansq 21:56 10 Nov 2003

Try looking on the Nero web site for upgrades or drivers.

It may be that the current version does not support your CD-RW

woodchip 22:00 10 Nov 2003

If you have any sense you will not try to use Disc to Disc. Ho I know it's part of the software but ask nearly anybody on hear and they will tell you that you will have problems. If you want to copy a CD try this just put a disc in the CDRW what you want to copy, do not have a CD in the other drive or DVD. then click copy disc, it will write the disc to the hard drive then ask for a new disc to copy to. It may be long winded but you will have more success

paulsmith602 22:08 10 Nov 2003

Is the rumour about 2 IDE cd drives not working together true or should I have a SCSI and an IDE cd drive? What are the most common problems with cdr's?

Satmansq 22:14 10 Nov 2003

2 CD drives on the same line can cause conflicts, it is usually best to have 1 on the primary and 1 on the secondary.

If memory serves me right the suggestion is that the CD-RW works best as the Secondary Master

woodchip 22:26 10 Nov 2003

It could be a problem with it being an old computer

Rtus 22:44 10 Nov 2003

Are you attempting to use nero n the Fly ? If soun tick that and burn at slower speed may solve the problem ,Do ensure the CDRW is listed in the Recorder>choose recorder menu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?