i cannot get rid of search bar

nutty norm 23:04 05 Jan 2013

i downloaded AVG and i seem to have got a search bar although my web browser is Chrome it still at the top any advice would be gratefull, Nutty norm How to remove this search bar windows 7

nutty norm 23:52 05 Jan 2013

thanks to everyone i will ask again i have got rid of all the AVG Tool bars but still have this search bar called safesearch.net it does not show in my Control Panel uninstall so how an i to get rid of it have searched all around and i cannot find it, Nutty norm (windows 7)

thanks to everyone i will ask again i have got rid of all the AVG Tool bars but still have this search bar called safesearch.net it does not show in my Control Panel uninstall so how an i to get rid of it have searched all around and i cannot find it, Nutty norm (windows 7)

lotvic 01:00 06 Jan 2013

If it's SafeSearch.net then you may have 3 parts to do.

uninstall SafeSearch toolbar | 1. Click on Start -> Control Panel | 2. Double click on "Programs and Features" or "Add/Remove Programs" - depending on your operating system | 3. Find "SafeSearch" and click on uninstall

remove SafeSearch extension: Open your browser Add-on settings and remove SafeSearch

remove SafeSearch homepage: Open your browser General settings and change your homepage

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

Alice Tye on blurring the line between fine art and illustration with Japan as her muse

Best free iPhone games 2019

Comparatif : iPhone XS vs Samsung Galaxy S10