I built my PC but it says "no signal"

Fluttercuddle 01:50 28 Jan 2017

I just built my new PC but everytime I turn it on it says "no nignal". I've tried everything. Using 1 ram stick on every position. Taking out all of the wires and plugging them back in. Plugging the vga chord into my other monitor. Used an hdmi chord. I don't know what else I can do. This is my PC build: click here

mole44 05:58 28 Jan 2017

I don't know if you've built a pc before but you often find if you price up the items you're going to use it cheaper to buy ready built.As for the signal problem i'll leave it to those on here who are more qualified than i to resolve it.

Jollyjohn 10:41 28 Jan 2017

There is the main 24 pin power connector and there is a smaller 8 pin connector beside the rear outputs. What have you plugged in here? On my board I have a 4 pin connector going to this. All 8 are only needed for high end graphics cards.

Also is the graphics card seated properly?

What happens when you press the power button?

Fluttercuddle 13:48 28 Jan 2017

I plugged in all the wires correctly and my graphics card is in and after I press the power button nothing happens to the monitor

Jollyjohn 16:16 28 Jan 2017

What about fans , led's and hard drives?

If nothing is happening it may be as simple as the power switch on the wrong pins on the front panel connections, does the reset button do anything?

Are there any beeps from the PC?

rdave13 18:07 28 Jan 2017

Not enough information here but it sounds as you've not installed the dedicated GPU's drivers. With the dedicated GPU still physically installed use the motherboard's video output to see if you can get the monitor to work. Usually mobo video output is vertical on the back of a PC. Sometimes however physically installing a dedicated GPU card will automatically disconnect the on board one. If still no signal remove the dedicated card and boot up to the mobo's GPU. See if you can then install the dedicated GPU's driver.

Old Deuteronomy 20:01 28 Jan 2017

Have you connected the power cable to the 6 pin socket on the graphics card? There should be dedicated output sockets for GPUs on the power supply.

Fluttercuddle 00:54 30 Jan 2017

Yeah I connected the vga cable and the 6 pin into the video card and plugged it into the pcie slot ( tried both too)

wee eddie 01:16 30 Jan 2017

What actually happens when you turn it on? Do fans spin up? Do LEDs illuminate? What else happens?

We know that the Monitor says "No Signal"

Fluttercuddle 06:49 30 Jan 2017

Nothing happens to the monitor when I turn it on. When I remove the vga chord from the video card, it recognizes that there's no signal which tells me that it notices it when I plugged it in. Yes all fans and led lights are working too.

Jollyjohn 07:01 30 Jan 2017

You may have a faulty graphics card. Since there is no onboard graphics on your motherboard you will need to get another graphics card to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?