i am looking for antivirus for my Laptop

akshama 17:19 22 Apr 2017

i am looking for antivirus for my Laptop in low price and best antivirus Please help me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:41 22 Apr 2017

Lowest price is free. Some banks give you a free AV if you bank with them i.e. Barclays - Kaspersky.

Avira or Avast are probably the best free ones

[DELETED] 17:45 22 Apr 2017

What OS? In windows 10 I use the default Defender with Malwarebytes pro. Use ad blockers and Avira 'safe browsing' in the browsers I use. Seems good enough for me.

Backup is adwcleaner and creating images once a while and common sense with clicking on links whether from email or within a browser.

Forum Editor 17:52 22 Apr 2017

I have been using the free version of AVG on all my computers for years - not a single virus infection in all that time.

[DELETED] 18:57 22 Apr 2017

Without using AVG - no malware or virus infection here either for years.

Burn-it 23:58 22 Apr 2017

I use Avast free.

MJS WARLORD 18:41 23 Apr 2017

for many years i used norton 360 but changed to kaspersky because norton gobbles background proccess power. DO NOT use macaffee , i tried it once and antimalware bytes found things that macaffee missed.

Menzie 21:20 23 Apr 2017

I use Bitdefender free now which has been good. Pairs well with Malwarebytes Pro and hasn't caused any issues when updating Windows.

I have tried AVG and Avast in the past. Ended up going off Avast due to the frequency of pop-ups displaying offers for the full version.

john bunyan 21:47 23 Apr 2017

I use the same as rdave13 in windows 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Far Cry New Dawn preview

Adobe buys Substance Painter and Designer to bring 3D tools to Creative Cloud

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?