Humax Freesat video recorder HDMI

wiganken2 18:44 05 May 2018

I have a Humax HDR-1100S Freesat HD TV Recorder which was bought in Aug 2017 and is connected to my Panasonic TX-39A400B TV, bought in Aug 2014, using TV HDMI1 port. My Pana TV’s CEC is switched ON but the Humax’s CEC feature does not communicate with the TV’s CEC. I also have a Samsung Blu-Ray disc player BD-H6500/XU, bought in Feb 2016, connected to the same Pana TV’s HDMI2 port and the Samsung’s CEC feature communicates reliably with the Pana TV’s CEC. I know this because after watching the Humax on HDMI1 and switch ON the Samsung Blu-Ray the TV input will auto-switch to HDMI2. However the reverse does not work so if I have been watching via Blu-Ray on HDMI2 and then switch the Humax ON the input does not auto-switch to HDMI1. I have to do this manually. In case it was the TV HDMI1 port I tried switching the HDMI cables at the TV and I have tried other HDMI cables but nothing changed. I know CEC runs via pin 13 on the HDMI connection so it is possible, but unlikely I think, that just that one pin on my particular Humax HDMI port would be damaged. Is it something we have to live with? Does anyone have any suggestions?

wiganken2 18:53 05 May 2018

PS: - I should add that I have submitted this on the Humax forum click here but have not received any suggestions in 6 days so maybe there is no answer. I just hoped there might be some people on this forum who might know better than the people on the Humax forum. I can only hope.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 05 May 2018

It doesn't work on my Humax Fox T2 either

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus