HUGE Problem with AMD graphics card

Guest 1234512633 18:54 14 Mar 2018

Hello guys, I have a big problem here. I have Lenovo Z51-70 laptop.

Specs:

1. Intel i7-5500U 2.4ghz
  2. 8Gb of DDR3 RAM
  3. AMD Radeon R9 M375

System is runing on Windows 8 64bit

The problem I'm facing is that my AMD gpu is not working. I tried reinstalling Windows, downgrading it to Windows 7, I even tried Linux. Nothing helped. When I disable the gpu in "Device manager", its all good. No errors, no crashes. I can play games, work on it, but it runs on integrated Intel HD Graphics. When I enable the gpu problems starts (photos of the problems)

click here />

Let me know if it's a digital or mechanical failure.

Thanks for you attention.

alanrwood 19:13 14 Mar 2018

Sounds like either a hardware failure or incorrect drivers but I favour the first option.

wiganken2 18:23 16 Mar 2018

Have you tried updating all drivers? They may be corrupt? You can use the free program from IOBit. See here click here It's free to see if it works before you go to the trouble and expense of looking into hardware failure and replacement of the GPU.

rdave13 18:51 16 Mar 2018

In device manager when you right click the Radeon, and select to update drivers, then 'browse my computer.... ' , then 'let me pick.....' , what does it show in the list of drivers? Not hoping for much as you've most probably destroyed legacy drivers by installing different OSs. Most probably you've tried the auto detect or manual here?

rdave13 18:55 16 Mar 2018

If all fails then go to the Lenovo site and install all the drivers for your laptop. They might have their own specific software/system of installing drivers, similar to Dell.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus