http://www.sherv etc BEWARE

johnnyrocker 13:55 20 Aug 2005

this happened when using a link as above for free msn icons etc so be careful folks

not sure how you folks got it without any probs because i thought i would give it a spin i tried the free msn icons first and my microsoft anti spyware went crazy identifying this an that took it several goes to remove (critical) spyware, after that was sorted i tried getting the stealer which came with two virus and a host more spyware after which my internet connection was taken out, with all removed via add/remove and reboot microsoft scan kicked in and found a further 180 items and i still kept getting page cannot be displayed had to system restore to get up and running again, i suggest you check very carefully folks.

johnny.

mattyc_92 15:48 20 Aug 2005

johnnyrocker, I have just done a virus, spyware, adware, etc... scans and have found, in total, 15 entries and I haven't even installed/downloaded anything from that website....

I have sent an e-mail to FE asking him to remove the link I posted for security reasons. I don't understand what happened to that site, as I downloaded that tool I recommended to ACOLYTE and I didn't have a problem

Sorry about that.....

johnnyrocker 15:51 20 Aug 2005

no probs and no blame attached as i suspected the problems were not there when you acquired the prog in the first place.

johnny.

octal 15:55 20 Aug 2005

What's the end bit? .com .co.uk? I don't run Windows so I was going to have a look at the code of the site.

johnnyrocker 15:57 20 Aug 2005

i believe it is .net but i left it off so it did not appear as click here and others experience similar probs but have fun.

johnny.

octal 15:59 20 Aug 2005

Yes I understand why you did it, that's considerate. I'll have a look.

octal 19:46 20 Aug 2005

I had a look at the code, I can't see anything that would cause the problems you were getting. There are a couple of scripts, but I think they are harmless, certainly no worst than this site anyway. I have saved a copy of the HTML code in text, if anyone wants to have a look I'll upload it to my web site if no one wants to go to the site in case.

I also checked some of the downloads and then seem pretty inert as well.

johnnyrocker 19:53 20 Aug 2005

then i am at a loss as to what happened because my machine was definately in trouble and only finally resolved by a restore, (could it have been hacked at the time?) although matty found an amount off stuff after a visit to it.

johnny.

VoG II 20:01 20 Aug 2005

The download is full of spyware - Beware!!!

johnnyrocker 20:02 20 Aug 2005

thought i was right.

johnny.

octal 20:09 20 Aug 2005

'tis odd. This is a copy of the HTML text of the site click here , maybe someone else can have a look and see if they can see anything. What I was looking for was some sort of redirection to an external site in some of the images, but I could see any. The trouble is there could be a problem in the links, but its a big site so as you can imagine it would take some considerable time to check each link, this is a text copy of the home page click here . The other thought is their site might have an intruder, its happened before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?