HP pavillion pc

Ally 15:29 19 Oct 2003

I HAVE A HP PAVILLION PC WITH A FORMATTED HDD. I HAVE DOS 6.22 LOADED BUT NEED A DRIVER FOR THE CD/DVD I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE MAKE IS ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GET ONE FROM THE WEB?

recap 15:39 19 Oct 2003

click here and download BelarcAdvisor to see what Drive it is then, click here register and download the necessary drivers.

Taran 15:45 19 Oct 2003

If you want to access your CD ROM from DOS or via a boot disk you can download a boot disk image from click here

This will allow you to start up the PC and run files from the CD/DVD drives since generic drivers are inluded with the boot disk image files.

I you download a boot disk image, just run it and follow the prompts to extract the contents to a new floppy disk.

Start up the PC from that floppy and off you go.

You can also boot from a Windows CD which will load up generic CD ROM drivers.

If you want to do something else, post again and one of us will help further.

Regards

Taran

Ally 16:30 19 Oct 2003

JUST WANTED TO SAY A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME TODAY AND IN THE PAST. THIS HELPROOM IS FANTASTIC. NUMPTIES LIKE ME WOULDN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT IT.

THANK YOU AGAIN

ALLY

Ally 16:57 19 Oct 2003

TARAN,
I COPIED WIN98SE STARTUP DISK TO A FLOPPY & WHEN I RESTARTED WITH THE DISK IN THE A: DRIVE I GOT THIS MESSAGE "REMOVE ALL MEDIA FROM DRIVES AND RESTART TO RETURN TO MS-DOS" I REALLY THOUGHT I'D CRACKED IT THEN. I'VE BEEN TARTING AROUND NOW FOR ABOUT 4 HRS TO GET ACCESS TO THE D: DRIVE.
ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS?

hugh-265156 17:05 19 Oct 2003

set your floppy drive as first boot device in your bios.

restart the computer and keep tapping F1 this will get you into the bios on a hp pc.

not sure exactly where its set though,look in advanced for boot device priority or similar.save and exit with the floppy in the drive and it should boot from it ok.

Taran 17:30 19 Oct 2003

Are you sorted out yet ?

If not post again or email me (click the envelope icon next to my name).

T

graham√ 17:49 19 Oct 2003

Download the boot disk to the desktop, right click and select unzip all (or similar). Then right click on the unzipped folder and send to floppy.

Note that the CD will become drive R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?