HP Envy 5530 all in one won't print from desktop

tonyx1302 19:19 14 Jan 2017
Answered

Hello I cannot print from my pc with wifi. It will print okay using my iPhone and iPad but not from my pc even though my printer tells me I am connected to my router ? I have tried resets etc but with no success I am on windows 10 and with BT hub 6 and my wifi strength is very good Any help please? Tony

rdave13 20:46 14 Jan 2017

Its connecting via Apple Air which the printer supports. Check in control panel, devices and printers that it is actually online. If not then give the printer a static IP address. same for Win 10.

tonyx1302 10:38 15 Jan 2017
Answer

desktop

Forum Rules | Contact Forum Editor | Report a Post tonyx1302 19:19 14 Jan 17

Hello I cannot print from my pc with wifi. It will print okay using my iPhone and iPad but not from my pc even though my printer tells me I am connected to my router ? I have tried resets etc but with no success I am on windows 10 and with BT hub 6 and my wifi strength is very good Any help please? Tony rdave13 20:46 14 Jan 17

Its connecting via Apple Air which the printer supports. Check in control panel, devices and printers that it is actually online. If not then give the printer a static IP address. same for Win 10.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post.

Good morning rdave13. You are a life saver. Thank you so much it worked. Due to deafness I am dependant on emails, so I'm on a learning curve with Windows 10, iPad and iPhone all given to me at Christmas by my family. How lucky am I ?

I had Windows 8 on my previous machine and had it mastered but 10 has and does give me a few sleepless nights as I am afraid I will make a major cock up by clicking on a wrong button I/we only use the pc for emails/Google and surfing and no doubt will be coming back to you/PC Adviser in the near future! Have a good Sunday and thank you once again

Tony

tonyx1302 10:39 15 Jan 2017

Good morning rdave13. You are a life saver. Thank you so much it worked. Due to deafness I am dependant on emails, so I'm on a learning curve with Windows 10, iPad and iPhone all given to me at Christmas by my family. How lucky am I ?

I had Windows 8 on my previous machine and had it mastered but 10 has and does give me a few sleepless nights as I am afraid I will make a major cock up by clicking on a wrong button I/we only use the pc for emails/Google and surfing and no doubt will be coming back to you/PC Adviser in the near future! Have a good Sunday and thank you once again

Tony

rdave13 12:15 15 Jan 2017

Good that it worked tonyx1302. If it happens again (does for me but very infrequently) just switch off the printer for a minute and switch on again. Give it a few seconds and it will be online again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?