HP Envy 5530 all in one won't print from desktop

tonyx1302 19:19 14 Jan 2017
Answered

Hello I cannot print from my pc with wifi. It will print okay using my iPhone and iPad but not from my pc even though my printer tells me I am connected to my router ? I have tried resets etc but with no success I am on windows 10 and with BT hub 6 and my wifi strength is very good Any help please? Tony

rdave13 20:46 14 Jan 2017

Its connecting via Apple Air which the printer supports. Check in control panel, devices and printers that it is actually online. If not then give the printer a static IP address. same for Win 10.

tonyx1302 10:38 15 Jan 2017
Answer

desktop

Forum Rules | Contact Forum Editor | Report a Post tonyx1302 19:19 14 Jan 17

Hello I cannot print from my pc with wifi. It will print okay using my iPhone and iPad but not from my pc even though my printer tells me I am connected to my router ? I have tried resets etc but with no success I am on windows 10 and with BT hub 6 and my wifi strength is very good Any help please? Tony rdave13 20:46 14 Jan 17

Its connecting via Apple Air which the printer supports. Check in control panel, devices and printers that it is actually online. If not then give the printer a static IP address. same for Win 10.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post.

Good morning rdave13. You are a life saver. Thank you so much it worked. Due to deafness I am dependant on emails, so I'm on a learning curve with Windows 10, iPad and iPhone all given to me at Christmas by my family. How lucky am I ?

I had Windows 8 on my previous machine and had it mastered but 10 has and does give me a few sleepless nights as I am afraid I will make a major cock up by clicking on a wrong button I/we only use the pc for emails/Google and surfing and no doubt will be coming back to you/PC Adviser in the near future! Have a good Sunday and thank you once again

Tony

tonyx1302 10:39 15 Jan 2017

Good morning rdave13. You are a life saver. Thank you so much it worked. Due to deafness I am dependant on emails, so I'm on a learning curve with Windows 10, iPad and iPhone all given to me at Christmas by my family. How lucky am I ?

I had Windows 8 on my previous machine and had it mastered but 10 has and does give me a few sleepless nights as I am afraid I will make a major cock up by clicking on a wrong button I/we only use the pc for emails/Google and surfing and no doubt will be coming back to you/PC Adviser in the near future! Have a good Sunday and thank you once again

Tony

rdave13 12:15 15 Jan 2017

Good that it worked tonyx1302. If it happens again (does for me but very infrequently) just switch off the printer for a minute and switch on again. Give it a few seconds and it will be online again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?