HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625e Refuses to (re) Install

TheFreelance 04:14 31 Mar 2015

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625e Refuses to Install

My printer is an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625e (4620 series). Firmware Version: CAP1FN1451AR First, this is what I can do with the printer. 1. Print internal ‘Test’ pages and reports. 2. Print documents in all applications from a wireless, networked laptop. 3. Print documents using ePrint. My computer is an HP Omni All-in-one Running Windows 7 Home Premium X64 The issue is I am unable to (re)install the printer on the HP Omni using either ‘Add Printer’, HP downloads or the installation disk. Hoping for a definitive solution. Background: Just over a week ago I upgraded from Office Pro 2010 to Office Pro 2013. When I went to print I noticed the defaultprint was showing as One Note 2013. I selected the HP printer then hit print. I got an error message: Word Cannot Print this Document. There is no printer installed. I tried to print using NotePad and an Adobe document (thinking it may have been Word related only). This did not work. I could print from any application using the Desktop. But, as noted, I can do so from the networked laptop. On opening the Printers folder OneNote was set as the default. I changed the default to the HP printer. No luck. I was told it was not installed. I ran Malwarebytes Premium and Microsoft Security Essentials to check for possible incursions. None. I then tried System Restore. No change. I then tried to repair the print program. No change. I then uninstalled Office 2013. No Change. I then tried the “Add Printer” function. No Luck. I was informed: “Unable to install printer. Some files are missing or incorrect. Reinstall the driver or try using the latest version.” I then tried to reinstall the printer. First as a straight reinstall then second after doing a complete uninstall using Revo Professional Uninstaller and an Advanced Scan. This did not work, yet the printer is recognised as being on the wireless network during the reinstall process . This is what I Cannot do: (Note: during any install attempt I disable both Malware Byes and Windows Security Essentials. I have also attempted installs with the Firewall turned OFF.) 1. Cannot reinstall on the system. It refuses to allow a wireless network installation even though it shows on the install screen. 2. If using ‘Add Printer, it says files missing or incorrect. 3. If installed using HP Download, I am able to input IP Address but it does not show the computer name. It says either. “Computer’s Network Name: Retrieving’ OR ‘Computer’s Network Name: Unable to Retrieve’. 4. When install fails, I get the screen asking to search for a solution which then gives me instructions re a download ‘Helper Application’. 5. After attempting to follow those instructions, the downloaded ‘solution’ does not work. 6. Instead of trying to install over the wireless network I have tried using the USB Install process. The printer then only installs as a ‘Fax’ Printer. On checking the Device Manager – Show Hidden Devices – it shows a ‘Multifunction Device’ with a yellow exclamation mark (!) next to the driver. On checking, it says I need to reinstall the driver. 7. Any attempt to convert the USB connection (even though it only installs as a fax printer) to a wireless connection fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)