HP 17-y013na Laptop with full HDTV- blurred screen

BrisShepard 15:24 25 Nov 2016

Greetings to all!

i bought yesterday one HP 17-y013na Laptop and my original idea, connect with my full HD TV, but unfortunately after when connect everything is bigger and blurred. The windows bar is bigger then usual, the words, icons and etc as well. like the resolution is not good. I do a mistake when i bought this, or have any chance to solve this? I mean need to upgrade driver, or just found something in the settings.

Secret-Squirrel 16:39 25 Nov 2016

........like the resolution is not good.

The wrong resolution will certainly cause problems like that. Have you checked that your laptop is outputting 1920x1080 to the TV?

BRYNIT 17:44 25 Nov 2016

You have listed the laptop but you do not say what TV you are using or how you have connected laptop to TV.

If you have connected the laptop to your TV via HDMI check the TV instruction manual as some TV will not work correctly as a computer display on all HDMI ports.

You could try. Before switching TV and laptop on connect via HDMI, turn TV on and change to correct HDMI channel. Turn laptop on and you should see the laptop os the TV as it boots and with any luck it may automatically adjust the resolution.

Secret-Squirrel 18:06 25 Nov 2016

You have listed the laptop but you do not say what TV you are using or how you have connected laptop to TV.

The HP 17-y013na only has HDMI and it's connected to a HD TV.

BRYNIT 22:06 25 Nov 2016

The HP 17-y013na only has HDMI and it's connected to a HD TV.

Secret-Squirrel

Lets look a the bigger picture. Although the laptop does only have an HDMI connection and this is the most likely way to connect the laptop to TV a HDMI to VGA adaptor also listed in the manual could also have been used due to no HDMI connections being free on the TV. Also as I stated depending on the TV some HDMI outputs are not suitable for use with a computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Amy Cesal's Play-Doh infographics bring fun and colour to datavis

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Modifier un PDF : les meilleurs éditeurs PDF