How you normalize mp3 tracks

Andrew-253165 16:57 22 Feb 2003

I want to know is there anyone who knows how you make your tracks to have the same volume when you burn to a cd as cda type,because on my Musicmatch Jubox allow me to volumen leveling, but a friend of mine who use Nero says Nero has that capabilty.I would like hear some tips from you guys

MAJ 17:17 22 Feb 2003

I think you need MusicMatch Jukebox Plus to have the "Normalising" option.

Andrew-253165 18:03 22 Feb 2003

I don't think so maj, i have the latest version 7.50 and the only thing related to normalization in my program is to related to:

Advanced Special Effects

Menu Path: Options/Settings/Recorder/Advanced

Fade In / Fade Out

For smoother more professional results in your recording, try fading in to and out of tracks.

Go to Options/Settings/Recorder, and click the Advanced button.

The fade in/out will be recorded into the music (mp3, wav, or Window Media) file, therefore you may want to adjust the fade levels from track to track. Also, make a copy of the original file in case you don't like the results.

This is not what I'm looking for:I need another soluiton,thanks anyway Maj

Andrew-253165 18:04 22 Feb 2003

I don't think so maj, i have the latest version 7.50 and the only thing related to normalization in my program is to related to:

Advanced Special Effects

Menu Path: Options/Settings/Recorder/Advanced

Fade In / Fade Out

For smoother more professional results in your recording, try fading in to and out of tracks.

Go to Options/Settings/Recorder, and click the Advanced button.

The fade in/out will be recorded into the music (mp3, wav, or Window Media) file, therefore you may want to adjust the fade levels from track to track. Also, make a copy of the original file in case you don't like the results.

This is not what I'm looking for:I need another solution,thanks anyway MAJ

AndySD 18:08 22 Feb 2003
  MAJ 18:12 22 Feb 2003

Sorry, ace_delfin, I only have the free version (7.2). Normalisation or Volume Levelling, as MusicMatch call it, isn't available in the free version. I use Nero anyway for that. But the help files say:

"Volume Leveling MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus feature

Menu Path: Options/Player/Volume Leveling

Sometimes you’ll notice while playing a track, its ‘volume’ is louder or softer than the previous track, causing you to have to increase or decrease the volume slider to keep a consistent volume level.

Volume Leveling creates consistent volume throughout all tracks you select. This avoids any harsh spikes in volume during playback.

Before tracks can be played with Volume Leveling, they must be prepared. The preparation only affects how tracks are played when Volume Leveling is on. Tip

PROCESSING THE ENTIRE LIBRARY AT ONCE CAN TAKE SEVERAL HOURS if you have a large number of tracks. During this time the computer should not have other processor-intensive applications running. Plan a good time-frame for this process to run, like overnight.

To process tracks

In My Library highlight the tracks to be processed, right-click and select Prepare Tracks for Volume Leveling.

Each track selected will be processed. Time-to-process depends on available resources, and the number of tracks selected.

Volume Leveled tracks will have a green musical note in the Library.

If editing track tags you can go to the More tab and click the Prepare button. All tracks selected for Tag editing will be prepared for Volume Leveling.

Removing Volume Leveling from processed tracks.

Right-click on the volume leveled track and select Edit Track Tag.

Click the More tab.

At the bottom right screen, choose Not Prepared under Volume Leveling.

Click OK to remove Volume Leveling."

Andrew-253165 18:53 22 Feb 2003

Let me see If understood well let see we choose MMWave 2K and then a I do what they explain in the link that you send me.After that when I decide to burn to a cd on cda format and played in my cd player then there should be no difference on the volumen for each song,but they say by compress back and forward you loose the quality of your recording.I ussually decoding my cd songs with my Windows media player ver 9.00 is more faster than Musicmatch but I remember than my original version of Musicmatch came with the same process that is explained in your link but when i ugraded i did not see that function in settings options anymore I also opted used for the Winplayer beacuse after I downloaded a plug in gave more ecncoding kbs on the MP3 than the musicmatch I'll like to try the new method to see how looks ,thanks AndySD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?