How to use Google earth

ponytail 09:26 23 Sep 2014
Answered

I have managed to contact some of my family in Australia and have looked at where they live on Google Earth.All fine except for one area which keeps going down to ground level which means I am unable to move along the road.The other four locations are fine and can move along the streets.The street I am having problems withn is Called Wandoo Road,Kendenup Western Australia the postal code is 6323.Would love some help or advice. Thank's

john bunyan 10:07 23 Sep 2014

Is the road name correct? I tried it on Google maps (street view) and Google earth, and the road was not recognised. Have a try with Google maps. For Maps and Earth you drag the yellow manikin to the place you want, but only blue roads work.

wee eddie 11:06 23 Sep 2014

Is this a New(ish) Development.

Much of Google Earth is based on historic detail. My home, for example, has my old Van in front of it. Now I got rid of that in 2005. So, the picture, in use at your family's end may be even older than that.

ponytail 11:49 23 Sep 2014

But I have been on that road before several time I went onto google and enter eiter wandoo road or 188 wandoo road and was able to travel along it and I remember My cousin saying that I seem to know the road better than him.I did not have google earth installed then just googled it.

ponytail 14:51 23 Sep 2014

I just went into google earth and entered 188 wandoo road and I ended up in the middle of the ocean

ponytail 14:54 23 Sep 2014

Just entered 188 wandoo road kendenup and ended up with the groun level view

ponytail 14:57 23 Sep 2014

Just tried entering wandoo road kendenup without the 188 and it does not search tried clicking the enter key and also the search icon

ponytail 15:00 23 Sep 2014

Just tried entering wandoo road kendenup without the 188 and it does not search tried clicking the enter key and also the search icon.now added the 188and go to the ground level scene. Very Puzzled

ponytail 15:03 23 Sep 2014

www.easy-street-view.com/free‎

Went to this site entered wandoo road kendenup and keep getting Beverley Road which looks to be in the same sort of area

ponytail 15:07 23 Sep 2014

Might have solved it just went into the site mentioned in my last post

www.easy-street-view.com/free

and entered wandoo road australia and wandoo road came up.Just going back to double check perhaps you could take a look yourself.

ponytail 16:46 23 Sep 2014
Answer

Found wandoo road but it was not the wandoo road I wanted seems there are several wandoo roads in Australia

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T to be sold on contract in UK from O2, EE and Vodafone

Adobe takes the limits off Typekit, renames to Adobe Fonts

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?