how to uninstall zone alarm correcly

corkball 10:28 07 Nov 2016

i have uninstalled zone alarm obviously incorrectly the program was deleted from the list but i am left with an icon in the tool bar which says initalization in progress i also receive messages telling me to update the zonealarm the za version is 13.3.052.000 i have windows 7 home premium thanks for any help

The Kestrel 14:36 07 Nov 2016

When I uninstalled Zonealarm some time ago, I used the free version of Revo-uninstaller click here . This program allows you to remove the files left behind by the Windows uninstaller, which is what appears to have happened to you.

morddwyd 19:39 07 Nov 2016

Try Ccleaner

corkball 18:40 09 Nov 2016

kestrel thank you very much for advising me re the revo uninstaller which worked perfectly and i am now zonealarm free during the uninstall process when i saw the number of hidden files for zonealarm i was amazed your advice was brilliant once again thank you

corkball 18:44 09 Nov 2016

morddwyd thanks for your reply but as you can see kestrel provided with the perfect solution thanks corkball

Burn-it 19:27 09 Nov 2016

I would go through the registry manually if you have that skill as Zone Alarm (in my experience) has always been insiduous and difficult to remove fully. I haven't actually tried removing ZA with Revo, but that is only because I refuse to use ZA, whereas I do use Revo Uninstaller.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch