how to uninstall zone alarm correcly

corkball 10:28 07 Nov 2016

i have uninstalled zone alarm obviously incorrectly the program was deleted from the list but i am left with an icon in the tool bar which says initalization in progress i also receive messages telling me to update the zonealarm the za version is 13.3.052.000 i have windows 7 home premium thanks for any help

The Kestrel 14:36 07 Nov 2016

When I uninstalled Zonealarm some time ago, I used the free version of Revo-uninstaller click here . This program allows you to remove the files left behind by the Windows uninstaller, which is what appears to have happened to you.

morddwyd 19:39 07 Nov 2016

Try Ccleaner

corkball 18:40 09 Nov 2016

kestrel thank you very much for advising me re the revo uninstaller which worked perfectly and i am now zonealarm free during the uninstall process when i saw the number of hidden files for zonealarm i was amazed your advice was brilliant once again thank you

corkball 18:44 09 Nov 2016

morddwyd thanks for your reply but as you can see kestrel provided with the perfect solution thanks corkball

Burn-it 19:27 09 Nov 2016

I would go through the registry manually if you have that skill as Zone Alarm (in my experience) has always been insiduous and difficult to remove fully. I haven't actually tried removing ZA with Revo, but that is only because I refuse to use ZA, whereas I do use Revo Uninstaller.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)