How to uninstall unwanted program

ponytail 09:44 03 Feb 2018

I am not sure how I got this program on my laptop but seem unable to uninstall it.It is called safePCKit.I go into control panel then uninstall a program and select it but get the following message. File c:\program files\safePCKit unins000.dat does not exist.The program is on here because when I pressed scan it detected supposedly viruses but I need to register and pay for the full package which I will not be doing.How can I uninstall it.Thanks

Forum Editor 09:51 03 Feb 2018

Take a look at this.

SafePCKit is advertised as a system optimiser, but once it's installed it claims to have detected several issues on your computer. When you you try to fix these issues, SafePCKit will state that you need to buy its full version before being able to do so.

If you are still stuck with SafePCKit after trying the solution in my link, I suggest that you download Malwarebytes and run it.

ponytail 11:16 03 Feb 2018

Thanks for that will try it

ponytail 11:58 03 Feb 2018

I installed Malawarebytes Premium Trial Edition and the did a scan and it found 456 threats which were put into quarantine.When I went into all programs the program was no longer listed.

qwbos 12:35 03 Feb 2018

Try Revo Uninstaller Free Version from here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:42 03 Feb 2018

456 threats? are you not using any form of protection, what is your antivirus software?

MJS WARLORD 16:18 03 Feb 2018

hi ponytail you obviously know how antimal works for it to find all those items but not many people know about problems caused when it finds multiple segments , you must repeat scans until the program finds nothing because if a threat has say 5 segments antimal might only remove 3 on first pass.... btw look in start menu for entries related to deleted programs. ... disable any you find because when windows cant find the program to start it , it will slow down boot up time.

bumpkin 22:56 03 Feb 2018

As suggested by qwbos, download and run Revo. Chose Advanced mode and read the instructions carefully step by step to remove all traces.

Forum Editor 23:17 03 Feb 2018

Malwarebytes is an excellent tool, let it do its job, and all should be well.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?