How to uninstall sitenable.com

darkspark 12:54 29 Jan 2017

Google Chrome is being affected by a program from sitenable.com which takes over my websites and says it is a VPN. It asks me to enter the URL I want so it can redirect me but as I am already on the website I want I end up going round in circles. How can I uninstall this program? I have tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware without any success.

Jollyjohn 17:35 29 Jan 2017

Go Start - Control panel - Programs - uninstall and look for the offending program. If it is not listed then uninstall Chrome - reboot - run Malwarebytes scan again - reboot and re install Chrome.

martd7 18:28 29 Jan 2017

Its a web proxy I had the same problem last year now and again it jumps in and redirects you sitenable.com and as you rightly say you end up going round in circles

There's nothing to uninstall and neither is it malware,eventually it just disappeared without any input from myself

Secret-Squirrel 19:14 29 Jan 2017

Google Chrome is being affected............. How can I uninstall this program?

The first thing to try in situations like that is to go into Chrome's "Settings" then click on "Extensions". You can then either disable or remove any that look suspicious.

BTW, I've never had much luck with MBAM and Google Chrome problems so I'm not surprised it didn't find anything.

martd7 19:30 29 Jan 2017

Worth noting in my situation I wasn't using Google chrome,used IE11

difarn 20:09 29 Jan 2017

I read that running Malwarebytes in safe mode solved the problem for some with the same problem.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple