Hot Topics

We regret to inform you that the PC Advisor Forums are now closed, and you are unable to post new comments or conversations. If you have a question about the forums, please contact us.

How to tame Windows 10 User Account Control.

Anon-323114 14:57 02 Jan 2020

Happy New Year everyone.

I have just updated an HP Elitebook 8570w laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (for FREE!). The laptop is about 7 years old and has a third generation i7 processor. It seems to have mostly gone well, but the User Account Control pops up quite often and repeatedly.

My question is there a way to tame the UAC, perhaps a Whitelist of trusted programmes? I would rather not turn the UAC off as I am not sure if that is the safe thing to do.

All suggestions are welcome.

Peter.

Anon-319210 15:53 02 Jan 2020

click here read the bit about the slider

Anon-2445101 16:16 02 Jan 2020

Easier is to click on start and just type UAC and select 'change user account control settings' in list. Change settings there and reboot.

Anon-2432433 23:26 02 Jan 2020

If you have decent security programs turn it of it is nothing but a nuisance.

Anon-323114 23:48 02 Jan 2020

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I agree with you Govan1x, it is nothing but a nuisance.

I seem to remember that in the past, in an earlier version of Windows, I think it was Norton that produced a programme that allowed you to answer the UAC query box with the allow button press and that answer was remembered for future uses of that programme.

What I am really after is something which will let me Whitelist the programmes I want to use without UAC intervention.

Regards, Peter.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware m17 R3 review

Apple iMac 2020 review

No, iOS 14 widgets are not spying on your iPhone

Comment regarder Disney+ sur les écrans connectés Google ?

/forum/helproom-1/how-tame-windows-10-user-account-control-4717965/