Hot Topics

How to stop unwanted ads appearing

ponytail 08:14 22 Jan 2020

I have suddenly started getting all sorts of ads appearing in the bottom L/H corner and would like to know how to stop them.The site that is mentioned is www.heavy-r.com I looked for a way on Google and one way that was mentioned was to go to the Chrome menu the three vertical dots top L/H corner click on them then go to settings and then to notifications to turn off what needs turning off.But when I did that could not see notifications.My os is Windows 7

ponytail 08:15 22 Jan 2020

Sorry the three dots are in the top R/H corner

ponytail 09:43 22 Jan 2020

The ads are appearing in the R/H bottom corner

ponytail 09:56 22 Jan 2020

I certainly do not visit these sort of sites but it has obviously come from somewhere.There are other ads as well such as my Norton protection has elapsed and some about Britcoin and some with Richard Branson talking about a way of making easy money.I do not have Norton installed.Two have just appeared both saying Your Norton has expired today renew now for 2020

qwbos 11:42 22 Jan 2020

Virus and malware scans, and install an adblocker.

x13 12:23 22 Jan 2020

Allow or block notifications from all sites

On your computer, open Chrome.

At the top right, click More and then Settings.

At the bottom, click Advanced.

Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.

Click Notifications.

Choose to block or allow notifications:

Block all: Turn off Ask before sending.

Block a site: Next to "Block," click Add. Enter the site and click Add.

Allow a site: Next to "Allow," click Add. Enter the site and click Add.

Change settings for a specific site

You can allow or block permissions for a specific site. The site will use its settings instead of the default settings. You can also clear data for a site.

On your computer, open Chrome .

Go to a website.

To the left of the web address, click the icon you see: Lock , Info, View site information, or Dangerous.

Click Site settings.

Change a permission setting. Your changes will automatically save.

Link Link2

ponytail 12:44 22 Jan 2020

I have done the following which seems to have worked. Opened Google then clicked on the three vertical dots in the top R/H corner then clicked on settings then on advanced then on site settings then on notifications then found the site and clicked on block which seems to have worked.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

How to draw an eye

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio pas chers (2020)