How to stop CNN alerts

hssutton 20:35 11 Aug 2008

For the past few days I've been receiving numerous CNN Alerts to my Windows Mail inbox, over 20 today.

A link is provided so as to unsubscribe from these alerts, but as I've never subscibed I cannot access the CNN.com preference settings to unsubscribe.

So how do I stop these infuriating email alerts.

sidecar sid 20:42 11 Aug 2008
  TonyM 20:43 11 Aug 2008

They are nothing to do with CNN ....simple spam , ignore but do NOT try and unsubscribe - that just confirms you are a genuine email address and will generate even more similar messages.

Salut 20:44 11 Aug 2008

I too have been receiving CNN of late. I have set a filter specifically targeting the subject line.

I would urge great caution about using the unsubscribe link. I checked the properties field and that reports an address with no mention of CNN.

I feel there may be a nasty lurking in the background waiting for the unwary.

There again, I could just be getting cynical in this bug/virus ridden age.

Graham John 20:57 11 Aug 2008

Sidecar sid - am also getting the cnn email alerts, have clicked your link but not found anything to stop them? Just gone into junk email - block sender but they are still coming in, must be using different sender addresses.

hssutton 22:11 11 Aug 2008

Thanks I had no intention of using the link to unsubscribe. will try mailwasher. Nice to know that I'm not the only one being targeted :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?