how to remove zango

pollpott 14:54 07 Jan 2010

I have this program installed in error. Advice from one site was to use add/remove progs. but it doesn't appear there so that's no help. Any ideas?

Technotiger 14:56 07 Jan 2010

The free version of this should do it for you click here

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Technotiger 14:57 07 Jan 2010

PS - if the program does not show up in the list of Programs (give it a little while to complete), you should then try the Search option in Revo.

Sea Urchin 15:08 07 Jan 2010

Zango is spyware - which includes its own installer, so when you remove it with Add/Remove or Revo it will return. Malwarebytes should remove it - download, update and run it (free version) and remove all it finds.

click here

pollpott 15:16 07 Jan 2010

I have done as you suggested but revo doesn't come up with it. Any other suggestions? It appears when I run Spybot but it cant remove it. I have tried returning to a restore point prior to the date spybot shows it appeared but that didn't work.

Technotiger 15:22 07 Jan 2010

As per Sea Urchin - try again with Malwarebytes and also SuperAntiSpyware, update these two after downloading and then run both scans.

pollpott 16:22 07 Jan 2010

Thanks very much for the help, malwarebytes found and removed several items involving "shopping" sites but didnt mention zango. However when I ran spybot again I saw it check out something like zango/shopping and nothing came up so I'm hoping that's it.Is malwarebytes a better bet than spybot or is it a good idea to run both.

Sea Urchin 16:26 07 Jan 2010

It's not a bad idea to run another quick scan with Malwarebytes to check that it comes up clear.

Yes, run both Malwarebytes and Spybot - they both find different things.

pollpott 16:39 07 Jan 2010

Thanks again, much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)