How to remove Windows login password

exdragon 15:18 06 Oct 2018

I'm confused: recently, I was told that OneDrive would be removed becasue I hadn't used it for ages. I thought I'd start using it and set up an account with a password. I already had a different password for logging in to Windows, but this has been superceded by the OneDrive one.

According to various sources, in order to get rid of the Windows login password, I should be able to run netplwiz and uncheck the box which says users need to sign in, but it's already unchecked.

Anone got any idea what I'm missing here? All I want to do is to be able to open Windows without using a password!

exdragon 19:34 11 Oct 2018

Replied to your pm

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

MWC 2019: Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, LG, Sony & Microsoft

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

WWDC 2019: Dates, what to expect, and how to get tickets

Battlefiled 6 ou Battlefront 3 pour 2019 ?