How to remove 'read-only' from files and folders when you are already admin?

theDarkness 16:57 17 Nov 2011

How to remove 'read-only' from files and folders (or rename files or folders) when you are already an administrator? Heres example, located in the documents folder:- Its a folder of samples (wav) for a music program, but they are not directly related (they were not installed). I also have pictures and photos of my own with the same problem:- 'read-only' is never shown with a standard tick, its filled in with the blue square, which seems to indicate its protected in some way.

I can untick such a folder or all of its contents, and click on apply, but when I check its properties once again, its still set as read-only in the same way. How do I remove read-only when the user trying to do so is already an administrator? Im sure there is an easy solution. Thanks :)

rawprawn 17:15 17 Nov 2011

Try Unlocker

theDarkness 17:29 17 Nov 2011

ive already tried that, the files arent locked at all. It could be a UAC or admin problem, or related in some way-Ive tried switching UAC off and restarting before, and still have had the same problem in not being able to turn read-only off. thanks :)

rawprawn 17:43 17 Nov 2011

Try Safe Mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?