How to put my DVD Colection onto my laptop

hubdean 14:00 09 Aug 2018

Hi Can anyone tell me the a way I can put my DVD collection onto my laptop to watch them on tv

win10, ASUS LAPTOP. THANKS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:07 09 Aug 2018

I rip them to mp4 using DVD shrink or Handbrake (google for both) as most modern TVs will play them from a USB stick or portable drive.

wee eddie 15:36 09 Aug 2018

Portable DVD Drive, ebay, a cheap and quick solution

martd7 16:12 09 Aug 2018

FB

DVD Shrink rip to MP4?

Back in the day i thought the program just shrunk the data to a more manageable size chosen by yourself and rips to TS files then you can burn it straight to DVD,i don`t remember ripping to MP4

hubdean 16:18 09 Aug 2018

OK thanks for the help though

martd7 16:44 09 Aug 2018

Hubdean

Handbrake rips DVD to MP4 but I've not tried it but it's free and worth a go as Fruit bats post mentions

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 09 Aug 2018

martd7 DVD shrink to copy the disks to HDD (without DRM) handbrake to convert.

another easy program to convert DVDs (or any video file) is Freemake, unfortunately it comes pack with crapware you have to be very gareful to untick everything and then never let it update.

wee eddie 17:31 09 Aug 2018

Also, you'll need a big Hard Drive

martd7 18:48 09 Aug 2018

FB

I did wonder as your wording threw me off

"I rip them to mp4 using DVD shrink or Handbrake (google for both)" Note the Or,if Hubdeans DVDs are DRM then better off as Wee Eddie's suggestion,buy a dvd player

rdave13 19:03 09 Aug 2018

Winx DVD ripper . There are guides online if you search. Rip to Laptop then copy to external drive. Just a suggestion.

rdave13 19:16 09 Aug 2018

Platinum (pro) version costs $39.95 for now. Don't think it's worth it unless you have a few hundred to convert. Link .

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

George Bletsis' illustrations capture character and chaos with an effortless touch

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment supprimer son historique Netflix ?