How to print all this map large scale?

Charlie Babbage 21:10 21 Apr 2006

Here is a map of Dublin click here

When the image first loads it is a small scale. However, if you wait a moment or two an icon appears in the bottom right hand corner. When you click on this the same map appears but at a much larger scale and it is much easier to see the detail. How can you print the whole map at this scale?

If you go to File > Print it just prints the area from A1 to C5 (approx). I realise that probably more than one sheet would be required to print the whole map.

The only way I can think of is to take screen dumps of the large scale map a section at a time but is there a more elegant solution??

VoG II 21:18 21 Apr 2006

That is the strangest map I have ever seen.

Do you have access to a printer that will print on A3 paper? e.g. at work.

driving man 21:28 21 Apr 2006

Charlie Babbage
OK ---I am old and thick but your click here doesnt take me to a map

woodchip 21:29 21 Apr 2006

The link is back to this page

Charlie Babbage 14:14 22 Apr 2006

... here is the correct one click here

I don't have access to a printer that will print on A3 paper so, in any event, I would have to print it in sections.

paddyjack 14:45 22 Apr 2006

If you right click on the image you can save it as a picture it is a JPG then you can chop it as you want afterwards. Or take it to Staples, or similar and they could print it for you.

Bagsey 16:32 22 Apr 2006

If you down load Screen Rip 32 from click here Its freeware.
You can do full screen grab quite accurately. I use this to print out walking maps from Streetmap.com and if you leave an overlap it is easy to glue the pieces into a full map.

Simsy 16:46 22 Apr 2006

"if you wait a moment or two an icon appears in the bottom right hand corner. When you click on this the same map appears but at a much larger scale"

I suspect you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, and what you are seeing is the button that enables you to see the picture at "normal" size, with regard to pixels on the screen...

There is an option using Internet Explorer, (version 6), to have pictures "shink to fit" in the broswer window.

If you have this on and a large picture, such as this one, is downloaded, the picture starts to appear at it's "normal" size and when it's all downloaded it "shrinks to fit" and the icon you refer to appears.

It doesn't help with your printing problem, but I though an explanation might be helpful... (assuming I'm correct of course!)

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 16:47 22 Apr 2006

that the icon/button in question undoes the "shrink to fit"!

Regards,

Simsy

BRYNIT 17:13 22 Apr 2006

Check your printer preferences to see if you have the poster printing option. This usual allows you to print a picture on 4,9,16 sheets of A4.

If you do have this option save the map to your hard drive. Open with windows picture and fax viewer or similar, go to print, change printer preference to poster printing. All you will need to do is trim the edges and glue the pages together.

Zaphod 3 17:42 22 Apr 2006

Some print or copy shops will do this for you from a clip drive or cd but they will charge approx £20 to £30 depending on size. Hence the reason why at work they invested in the kit to do ours in house.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)