How to pair printers with a laptop

ponytail 10:45 17 Nov 2019
Answered

I seem to be having a problem pairing our two Printers to my wifes new laptop with a OS of Windows 10.I went into settings then devices clicked on printers then add printer.I had forgotten that my wifes printer was turned off but my printer was found so I selected that and it started to install but the progress bar only went about 3/4 of the way across and stopped.After a while I clicked on stop and turned my wifes printer on and went through the same procedure again but this time the progress bar has hardly moved it is still in the same place it was in 15 minutes ago any advice appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:57 17 Nov 2019

you will probably need to go into settings on the printer (unfortunately they are all different) then hit the add printer in win 10

ponytail 07:43 18 Nov 2019

If it helps my wifes printer is a HP Deskjet 2540 all in one series and mine is a Brother DCP-315W.I seem unable to find settings on the HP printer.

x13 11:36 18 Nov 2019

Might be easier if you just use the app from the Microsoft store. Link

ponytail 09:22 23 Nov 2019
Answer

I finally managed to pair both printers to my wifes laptop and they both work ok.I did it without using a USB lead and although everything works I am not sure exactly what I did but it worked and that is all that matters.Thanks for the advice.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo confirms Find X2 flagship phone for 2020

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Soldes d’hiver 2020 : dates, sites participants et bons plans