How to open or view png files help

Giggle n' Bits 01:15 12 Aug 2008

Tried to recover pics of a old dodgy hdd and the file type is called portable network graphics which I think is called a png file. I no longer have the camera CD so I do not know for sure if these files are actually a large collection of my photo's

Apparnetly with a google search these need a AcDc software to open them just for viewing. If they are the right pics then I will buy a full software suite but to save on dissapoinment just incase there some sort of clip are then thats why I need to know if there is something I can open these png files with

Is their a free Spyware & adware safe download viewer somewhere please.

brundle 01:23 12 Aug 2008
  MCE2K5 01:29 12 Aug 2008

FastStone Image Viewer click here

eedcam 05:49 12 Aug 2008

Assaid or youpossibly already have M/softs fax and picture viewer if so right clickand choose preview

Morning David

ened 06:35 12 Aug 2008

I have a vague memory that Adobe were trying to make .png files the standard which all programmes would accept.

What ever. Photoshop Elements will open them so presumably will Photoshop.

BT 07:39 12 Aug 2008

will open .PNG files. It uses this format as its default.

BT 07:40 12 Aug 2008

You can get it from here..
click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:06 12 Aug 2008

Tried the obvious, WinXP Pic viewer with no luck. I will try the irfanview, it could be that the windows on the hdd is very corrupt and is effecting the files, I dunno but thanks for all the above links. I will close the post & post back when I download the ifanview

Thanks brundle, MCE2K5 & BT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?