How to open in full screen?

Teddy Jeff 21:37 17 Apr 2005

Can anyone tell me how to get my windows screen to open in the full screen mode? Since I install the service pack 2 to my wondows XP, almost every fresh window I open I have to click on the full screen icon at the top right of the screen. I have tried for ages but I have had no joy. Any help would be very welcome.

Regards
Ted

sat481 21:40 17 Apr 2005

I don't know if this works for SP2 but if you open the window you want to be and make it full screen, then close using the File>Close (Hold down Control whilst clicking on close) rather than the red cross. I know this works with XP.

Take care

Sat

VoG II 21:41 17 Apr 2005

Internet Explorer?

Close all windows except the small one. Drag its sides to fill the screen (do not use the maximize button).

File/Close (not the X).

The next time it should open full-screen.

stalion 21:42 17 Apr 2005

when you open drag the screen to the edges and close the screen with the file close and not the red x in the top right hand corner

stalion 21:42 17 Apr 2005

three buses

DJ-Garry 21:46 17 Apr 2005

Another way is to right click on the icon you left click on to start the application and select properties. There should be a drop down menu next to the word 'Run'. Select the maximised option and it should do the job. Garry.

Teddy Jeff 21:58 17 Apr 2005

Thanks everyone for your help I will let you know how I get on

Ted

Teddy Jeff 22:11 17 Apr 2005

Thank you all very much I think I'm back to normal again

Ted

Al94 22:15 17 Apr 2005

Here's a handy little free programme that does the job nicely. I've used it for a couple of years click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?