How often are updates for Spywareblaster released?

Batch 11:44 10 Jan 2010

I installed Spywareblaster (free) just under 1 month ago. Since then I've had just one protection update (of 23-Dec-09).

Are such infrequent updates normal for this software? How often do they release them in practice?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:46 10 Jan 2010

"Are such infrequent updates normal for this software?"

Yes

I normally do a weekly update check.

MAJ 11:47 10 Jan 2010

You have the latest update (23-Dec-09), Batch. Spywareblaster doesn't update as often as an antivirus package or the likes of MBAM and Superantispyware.

provider 2 11:53 10 Jan 2010

Irregular and not particularly frequent updates have been quite normal with SpywareBlaster, which is why it`s so useful when one of the members here says updates available.

Perhaps it`s no coincidence that Spybot S&D updates are irregular too; the immunise function has long been seen as working with SpywareBlaster to keep up with what needs to be covered.

Batch 11:56 10 Jan 2010

Thanks for your speedy answers. I was just wondering whether I wasn't able to get the updates for some reason, but obviously not the case.

BTW provider 2 - SpyBot S&D updates very regularly - every Wednesday without fail.

provider 2 12:04 10 Jan 2010

Perhaps I should have said my checking for Spybot S&D updates is irregular, rather than the updates themselves.

The result is much the same ... I`m grateful for the reminders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?