How much should I pay for web hosting per month

t_o_m 15:36 10 Aug 2003

A friend of mine is hosting a website for me and he has just startup up a business and is wanting to start doing public hosting. He has quoted me £9.99 per month. Do you think this is a good deal or not?

t_o_m 15:46 10 Aug 2003

also, does anybody know how to get your domain name added to a search engine? any help would be appreciated

The Musicman 17:06 10 Aug 2003

when it comes to hosting, i dont think you can go wrong with web-maina (click here ) at £20 +vat a year, and all the necessary extras.

as for submitting to search engines try click here - also, submit to dmoz.org, and to google (click here) and if you've plenty of money to yahoo ;-)

steve

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:14 10 Aug 2003

he is offering for the 9.99. If it is just a basic web site, forget it there are much better deals around. If its a business site, its about right. Check out, and compare prices, and what they include at click here

Newuser549 12:55 12 Aug 2003

I submitted our school website to Google and Yahoo (standard free service only) and was pleasantly surprised to see it listed within a few days. It certainly helps to use the meta tags for keywords and description, a meaningful page title, and relevant text on the home page (not just a pretty graphic!!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?