How much is this PC worth?

William.s1999 17:13 14 Jan 2018
Answered

Hello, I recently acquired a new PC and I would like to sell my old one, but I'm not quite sure how much it'd be worth, I received it in November 2014 and it is a Chillblast custom built PC.

Here are the specifications:

Case - Cooler Master Elite K350

CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K (not the processor from the original order, this one has been inside the computer since September 2015)

CPU fan - Akasa Nero 3 (I also had an additional cooling fans upgrade pack which cost £29.99 extra, but I'm not sure how many)

Motherboard - Asus B85M-G

RAM - 8GB Corsair/Crucial/Samsung PC3-12800, 1600MHz DDR3 memory (2 x 4GB sticks)

Graphics card - Chillblast Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI 2GB (I'm not actually sure why my invoice said Chillblast at the beginning if it is a Nvidia card though)

HDD - 2TB, 7200RPM, 6Gbps

Optical drive - 24x DVD-RW

Power supply - Aerocool Premium Grade 500W

17 in 1 3.5" internal card reader (click here card - 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless network card

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

5 years warranty, collect and return for 2 years (UK only)

I'd just like to know your opinions on this PCs value.

Thanks

Network

William.s1999 17:15 14 Jan 2018

Whoops sorry, the network card is listed next to the internal card reader for some reason. That's also why it says Network at the bottom. But yeah the network card is a 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless network card.

William.s1999 17:16 14 Jan 2018

I think something just went wrong when I was formatting the post.

Forum Editor 17:35 14 Jan 2018
Answer

It is not our policy to offer advice about the value of a secondhand computer. The best way to get an idea is to look for similarly specified machines for sale on Ebay.

MJS WARLORD 17:58 14 Jan 2018

Hi William , I have an alternative suggestion for you. Question... regardless of how much you can sell it for as a complete pc or just selling individual parts I ask you do you really need the money you would raise.

Why not do same as me , I have a custom built games rig but I use an old Packard bell windows 7 pc as a guinea pig for testing. I did a clean install of 7 then put free windows 10 on it. Regardless of what it says in the press , free 10 is still around... Type free windows 10 into browser !.. I clicked on a link for pc gamer magazine and the link on the website took me to Microsoft even though they say its no longer available free. Before I download anything or try something new I run it on my old pc , if something odd happens I don't put it on my new rig , it got me out of trouble quite a few times.

bumpkin 21:51 14 Jan 2018

This question comes up so often. As stated once again by FE, look for smilar ones for sale and also consider how much you would be prepared to pay. Advertise it on ebay (for example) and it will soon become clear whether you are in the right ballpark or not.

wee eddie 21:58 14 Jan 2018

Expect it to lose 40% of its value in the first year, and 30% a year thereafter

William.s1999 22:32 14 Jan 2018

Ah, ok. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)