How much is an older Dell Alienware system worth?

pauloblue 17:35 29 Apr 2018

Hi,

My brother sadly passed away and left a Dell Alienware machine (I think bought in 2013). This was a top of the line system when new and hasn't been used very much. Still apparently a powerful machine (but I am NOT a gamer myself). Case lights up and colours can be customised by user. Excellent condition except for couple of minor surface scratches on PC chassis/case.

As I am not a gamer I would like to sell it on for a reasonable amount, but I have NO IDEA what "a reasonable amount" is. I don't even know what it cost.

Can anyone help suggest what it might be worth?

Thanks for any help.

Paul Michaels

PC SPECIFICATIONS:

Dell Alienware PC Aurora-R4

Intel core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.6 GHz

32GB RAM installed (up to 96GB supported)

1 x Solid State Drive – Crucial 256GB

3 x 1 TB Hard Drives (yes, 3 of them)

2 x AMD Radeon HD 7870 Display Adaptors (Graphics Cards) each with 2GB Video Card Memory

2 x CD/DVD Optical Drives

Multiple USB sockets

Bios Version A11

Windows 7 Ultimate installed - Service Pack 1; 64-Bit. (Windows 10 compatible - upgrade is reserved, but needs a Windows 7 installation disc, as original disc is missing).

Dell/ Microsoft OS original Certificate of Authenticity label on rear of Chassis

Dell Warranty obviously now expired but can still search Dell.co.uk /Support/Warranty - enter Service Tag No. HWZYD5J displays information and help.

PERIPHERALS INCLUDED:

Dell U2412M Digital Monitor

Corsair Vengeance K90 Gaming Keyboard

Corsair M60 Gaming Mouse

1 Toshiba 500GB External Drive (needs to be wiped)

1 Hitachi 2TB External Drive (needs to be wiped)

DVD discs/SOFTWARE INCLUDED:

Dell Drivers and Documentation

Dell Application Cyberlink Power DVD

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:44 29 Apr 2018

A five year old PC is worth very little - only what someone is willing to pay for it look on e bay to see what PCs with similar specs are selling for.

Often you can get more by selling the parts separately.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Frida Kahlo's life, art and legacy explored in Google's new giant online collection and app

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?