How much for my pc? Can anyone help?

Crazze 12:40 06 Jul 2018

My pc is i3-8100 gtx 1060 3gb 2tb Seagate hp500 case 8gb ram. How much would this roughly cost. It is barely used, built in February

wee eddie 13:37 06 Jul 2018

FE does not allow us to give you an estimate. However you could look for similar Spec machines on eBay.

Most of us recon that you'll make more by selling the parts separately.

As a guide. You'll probably not make half of what its worth

MJS WARLORD 16:25 06 Jul 2018

Why are you selling the pc and do you really need the money. If you have space for 2 pc's I would recommend you keep both your current pc and its replacement.

Whenever I buy a new pc I keep the one I have been using as a guinea pig/test rig.

Before I download and install anything on my latest pc I try it out on my previous one first and if anything odd happens that particular item does not get put on my new one.

Crazze 16:55 06 Jul 2018

I bought it for £775 so are you saying around £400 or less? I’ve seen some of similar to lower specs for around £650-700. Can anyone give me a price.

rdave13 17:10 06 Jul 2018

I’ve seen some of similar to lower specs for around £650-700. Can anyone give me a price.

Unfortunately the ones you've seen are new, I would imagine, and come with a warranty. Yours will be second hand regardless of being hardly used or its young age. As said previously check Ebay for second hand PC prices.

Forum Editor 17:17 06 Jul 2018

"Can anyone give me a price."

No, because it would be meaningless - a computer is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. The fact is, custom-built computers do not hold their value as well as those that carry a well-known name.

In general terms, a 40% to 50% secondhand value would be a reasonable expectation in this case, but you never know - someone might be looking for that precise configuration.

Do some research on Ebay, and then test the water - see if you get any takers at your chosen price point.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)