How much can i get for my Packard Bell Desktop?

frangineuk 20:37 17 Mar 2010

Does anyone know how much my old desktop should be worth. Details listed below:

-About 8 years old.
-Packard Bell
-Model - I MEDIA 5095
-17" flat screen
-Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz processor
-512 MB RAM
-60 GB Hard Disc
-Motherboard - Columbia 2
-Sound Chip - Stereo
-Modem - 56 kbps V.92
-Originally £1459 (copy of original receipt as proof)

I have run the recovery floppy disc so computer is as when bought.

canarieslover 20:55 17 Mar 2010

Unfortunate fact of life is that computers lose value faster than a car. At 8 years old and with that specification it will probably fetch £50 on a very good day. If it is a modern flat screen LCD monitor then you may get a bit more, but if its a CRT monitor you have ajob giving them away.

frangineuk 20:58 17 Mar 2010

It's a flatscreen. Thanks for the reponse !

wee eddie 23:28 17 Mar 2010

If you can find someone to take it, get whatever it would cost you to take it to the recycling yard.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:43 18 Mar 2010

£50 tops.

iscanut 10:21 18 Mar 2010

You will be lucky if you get the £50 !! Donate it to a local charity who has need of a computer for their own use or for teaching etc..

ronalddonald 13:45 18 Mar 2010

you cant guarantee your computer for any faults, even in the future, new technology is always always changing, the value always goes down within a week.

You might get away selling it for parts but at 8 years old that may be impossible.

You could try flogging it to a student who is hard up for £20.00 but even then you might be lucky.

Pineman100 15:49 18 Mar 2010

As others have said, your computer is unfortunately nearly worthless.

Do you honestly need the few pounds that it might be worth? Why not donate it to a worthy cause?

click here

Jollyjohn 15:53 18 Mar 2010

I would give you £40 for it as long as we could meet to exchange it as postage would be prohibitive. Please send message via yellow envelope with your location. I am near Dundee. Thanks

ronalddonald 18:06 18 Mar 2010

i dont know where frangineuk lives in the UK but it may cost more for frangineuk to travel and meet you plus carry a bulky computer unless frangineuk uses a car, unless frangineuk lives around the corner

tullie 18:10 18 Mar 2010

Good thinking Ronald.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?